Girl On A Bridge

November 23, 2010 - 30" x 40", Acrylic on Canvas


This is the largest painting I've done to-date; it took me about three months to complete.  The subject is a from a photo I found on the internet.  The resolution wasn't great, so a lot of the details come from my imagination.

While I used almost every color in my box, I think of this as a study in blacks. There are at least 6 different "blacks", from carbon black in a tube, to multple combinations of different blues (pthalo, cerulean, anthriquinone and cobalt), yellows (cadmium and ochre) and reds (cadmium and oxide). One is actually just a very dark purple, most, under very close scrutiny, are more like a very dark brown or olive green.

Next up, I need to do a couple things for the Deane Dance Center and Holy Spirit School charity auctions

No comments: